Before, depressed with an eating disorder. Now, recovered caveman.
Re-blogging this cuz its from a guys perceptive!
I love seeing people all recovered and happy like yeah you kicked that illnesses ass you legend you rule ☺️
1/128 older »
The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1.
- He was passionate about aviation.
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis.
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese.
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it.
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment.
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad.
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile.
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster.
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice.
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie.
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.”
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name.
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart.
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest.
- I feel like this stuff is important.
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.